This information is taken from "THE HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL OVAL TRACK RACING ASSOCIATION* by David Rosenstock (thru '83) & William J. Lewis"
- 12 points were needed to attain an ORC for the Minor Breeds
- There were 48 Whippet, 4 Greyhound and 1 Ibizan Hound Meets this year, all down slightly from the number the year before.
- NOTRA's Fifteenth Year
- The first Minor Breed attained an Oval Racing Championship: East Coast Borzoi racer, Phoenix Intent Fezzik, owned by Sam and Susan Banks,
- Two other East Coast Borzoi got within 1 and 2 points of their titles, Ember and Ishtar respectively, poised to accomplish theirs in the following year.
- There were 40 meets in which the "Minor" Breeds participated.
- The NOTRA Nationals were an "All Breed" Nationals for the first time and the event was held at the Multnomah Greyhound Park training track, "The Rail", in Fairview, Oregon
- The entry was 93 Whippets, 5 Afghans, 18 Greyhounds and 1 each Irish Wolfhound, Scottish Deerhound, Borzoi and Saluki.
- Nike won the Afghan event, Pride over all the Greyhounds
- the number of Minor Breed ORC's more than doubled to 7, with 4 Greyhounds, 2 Borzoi and 1 Ibizan Hound winning their championships.
(*download the entire pdf file)